Inception - The First Steps of a Blogging Odyssey



Welcome!


I'm Kacey - I'm a visual storyteller. I spend my days taking photos and making videos. You can find some of my work on my Instagram (@inkandblackmedia) if you'd like to take a look.

I'm starting this blog as part of a venture back into academia. After training in Visual Communications, I wanted to round out my skills and develop some journalism chops. This is more of a professional development event rather than a pursuit of another degree as I am mainly just interested in learning to write engaging and brief stories.


I have three primary goals in taking the news reporting class I'm currently in.
  1.   Learn to write interesting and informative stories in a brief format.
  2. Create new habits in the investigation of a story - making sure I gather enough information around who, what, when, where, why, and how.
  3. All around improve my writing skills.
The first story I will be covering is the Women in Tech Night at LBCC's new makerspace called, the MILL. The people I've identified to talk to about this upcoming event include Forrest Johnson, the coordinator of the MILL, and Sarah Whiteside, Director of the Mid-Valley STEM-CTE Hub the organization that is responsible for the conception and operation of the MILL. Finally, I want to speak with a panelist that will be participating in the night's main event. Included below are some questions I've identified as being important to answer when writing this story.
  1. How did the organizers land on this theme for the event?
  2. Why is hosting an event with this focus relevant?
  3. When is the event taking place?
  4. How can people get involved?
  5. What will be happening at this event? 
Until next time...

Kacey

Comments